The AMCOM™ II 2825A-01 Two-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator features separate channels and volume controls for each diver and the tender so that uplink and downlink paths can be customized for varying equipment configurations and individual comfort levels.
The newest version of the AMCOM™ II has the same versatile user-interface, rugged durability and great sound quality as its predecessor with several new digital enhancements: (1) High-Audio Fidelity; (2) Extended Battery Operation; (3) Flexible Gain Settings and (4) Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).
– High Audio Fidelity – Ultra-low noise circuit combined with noise suppression circuitry produces crystal clear speech. Automatic gain adjustment will guard audio signal from distortion, enhance speaker protection and audio quality. Increases band width 47%.
– Extended Battery Operation Time – Audio amplifier card deploys state-of-the-art Class-D digital audio power amplifier. Has very low power dissipation, produces less heat, and extends battery life up to 32%.
– Flexible Gain Settings – The audio amplifier card has adjustable gain settings to accommodate different communication applications and environments.
– Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) – EMI is achieved through spread-spectrum and de-phase control techniques providing for optimum integration with diving systems
INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM ™ II 2825-01 2-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator includes:
- (1) AMR 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) AMR 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide terminals
- (1) AMR 282XA-UM Two-Diver Portable Communicator User Manual
- Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
- Divers’ umbilicals can be set up on 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for each diver.
- Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
- Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
- Internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being overcharged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
All communicators will inherently transfer topside noise to the divers when the tender speaks directly into the communicator’s panel speaker. To eliminate background noise at the surface, use the AMR 2405-28 Push-to-Talk Microphone, included with this model. For optimum communications, we recommend purchasing the AMR 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic, topside. For tender mobility, use the AMR 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic along with the AMR 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode) or the AMR 2821-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (2-wire mode). For wireless tender communications, order the AMR 2825A-03 Three-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with Wireless Tender.
Input Impedance (Each Input) - 250 Ohms
Frequency Response - 300-10,000 Hz
Common Mode Rejection - 40 dB Minimum
Current Drain Maximum Full Volume - 3 Amps
Minimum Quiescent - 0.190 Amps
Output Impedance - 4 Ohm
Power Supply Voltage - 12 VDC Nominal(9 Volts Minimum - 16 Volts Maximum)
AC Power Operating Range - 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Sensitivity (Input) - 0.5 mV
Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC) - 10 Watts Audio
Dimensions (HxWxL)10 in. x 9 in. x 14.5 in. (25.4 cm x 22.9 cm x 36.8 cm)
Weight - 17.25 lbs (7.82 kg)
AMR 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic
AMR 2460-28 Standard Headset with Boom Mic
AMR 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode)
AMR 2821-28 Remote Wlak-and-Talk (2-wire mode)