INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM ™ II 2825A-11 Two-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with Weather Resistant AC Power and Internal Charger includes:
- (1) AMR 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) AMR 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide terminals
- (1) AMR 282XA-UM Two Diver Portable Communicator User Manual
- (1) AMR 180-2001-01-FREE Power Cord 6.5 ft - NEMA 5-15 (US/CA/MX)
The AMCOM™ II 2825A-11 Two-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator features separate channels and volume controls for each diver and the tender so that uplink and downlink paths can be customized for varying equipment configurations and individual comfort levels.
The newest version of the AMCOM™ II has the same user-interface, rugged durability and great sound quality as its predecessor with several new digital enhancements:
• High Audio Fidelity
Ultra-low noise circuit combined with noise suppression circuitry produces crystal clear speech. Automatic gain adjustment will guard audio signal from distortion, enhance speaker protection and audio quality. Increases band width 47%.
• Extended Battery Operation Time
Audio amplifier card deploys the state-of-the-art Class-D digital audio power amplifier. Has very low power dissipation, produces less heat, and extends battery life up to 32%.
• Flexible Gain Settings
The audio amplifier card has adjustable gain settings to accommodate different communication applications and environments.
• Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
EMI is achieved through spread-spectrum and de-phase control techniques providing for optimum integration with diving systems.
• Outdoor Rated AC Power Module
Weather resistant, IP65 rated AC power entry module accommodates country specific AC power cords.
• Country Specific V-Lock AC Power Cord
At time of order, simply choose the IP54 rated Locking AC power cord you need. Comes with US/CA/MX version, call for alternative options.
• Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
• Diver's umbilicals can be set up on 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for each diver.
• Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
• Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
• Internal charger allows simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being over-charged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
All communicators will inherently transfer topside noise to the divers when the tender speaks directly into the communicator’s panel speaker. To eliminate background noise at the surface, use the AMR 2405-28 Push-to-Talk Microphone, included with this model. For optimum communications, it is recommended to use the AMR 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic, topside. For tender maneuverability, use the AMR 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic along with the AMR 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode) or the AMR 2821-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (2-wire mode). For wireless tender communications, order the AMR 2825A-03 Two Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with built-in Wireless Tender option.
• Input Impedance (Each Input): 250 Ohms
• Frequency Response: 300 -10000Hz
• Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Minimum
• Current Drain Maximum Full Volume: 3 Amps
• Minimum Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
• Output Impedance: 4 Ohm
• Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal (9 Volts Minimum - 16 Volts Maximum)
• AC Power Operating Range: 90 - 264 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
• Sensitivity (Input): 0.5 mV
• Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
• Battery Life: 45 hours