The AMCOM™ III 2830A-01 Three-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator features separate channels and volume controls for up to three divers and the tender so that uplink and downlink paths can be customized for varying equipment configurations and individual comfort levels.
The newest version of the AMCOM™ III has the same versatile user-interface, rugged durability and great sound quality as its predecessor with several new digital enhancements: (1) High-Audio Fidelity; (2) Extended Battery Operation; (3) Flexible Gain Settings and (4) Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).
– High Audio Fidelity – Ultra-low noise circuit combined with noise suppression circuitry produces crystal clear speech. Automatic gain adjustment will guard audio signal from distortion, enhance speaker protection and audio quality. Increases band with 47%.
– Extended Battery Operation Time – Audio amplifier card deploys state of the art Class-D digital audio power amplifier. Has very low power dissipation, produces less heat, and extends battery life up to 32%.
– Flexible Gain Settings – The audio amplifier card has adjustable gain settings to accommodate different communication applications and environments.
– Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) – EMI is achieved through spread-spectrum and de-phase control techniques providing for optimum integration with diving systems
– Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations, and individual comfort levels.
– Divers can be set up on 4-Wire Mode or 2-Wire Mode or any combination of the two modes
– Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels
– Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note below for other recommended equipment.
– Internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being over-charged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
All communicators will transfer topside noise to the divers when the tender speaks directly into the communicator’s panel speaker. To eliminate background noise at the surface, use the push-to-talk microphone (AMR 2405-28), included with this model. For optimum communications, we recommend purchasing the deluxe headset with boom mic (AMR 2401-28), topside. For tender mobility, use the deluxe headset with boom mic (AMR 2401-28) along with the remote walk-and-talk 4-wire mode (AMR 2822-28) or the remote walk-and-talk 2-wire mode (AMR 2821-28). For wireless tender communications, order the 3-diver deluxe portable communicator with wireless tender option (AMR 2830A-03).
Input Impedance: 250 Ohms
Frequency Response: 300 Hz to 10 kHz
Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Min
Current Drain Max Full Volume: 3 Amps
Min Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
Output Impedance: 4 Ohms
Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal(9 Volts Min – 16 Volts Max)
AC Power Operating Range: 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Sensitivity (Input): 5 mV
Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
Dimensions: 10 in H x 9 in W x 14.5 in L (25.4 cm x 22.9 cm x 36.8 cm)
Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
– (1) AMR 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
– (1) AMR 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide Terminals
– (1) AMR 283XA-UM Three-Diver Portable Communicator User Manual
AMR 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic
AMR 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode)
AMR 2821-28 Remote Wlak-and-Talk (2-wire mode)